The land was divided equally among the tribes of Israel. I love how God leveled the playing field. Everyone was given the same.
That’s something I love about God. He sees us, demands of us, treats us, and loves each of the same.
- All have sinned. Yes, that means you and me. All. Everyone has sinned. (Romans 3:23)
- That sin has earned us a death sentence. (Romans 6:23)
- God loved each of us and sent His Son Jesus to pay our death sentence. (John 3:16)
- Whoever (rich, poor, young, old, healthy, sickly, black, white, a murderer, a liar, me, you) believes won’t have to experience that death, but live forever with God. (John 3:16)
- When we repent, He forgives us completely. (1 John 1:9)
- When we repent, we are no longer slaves to sin. (Romans 6:1-7)
The flip side of that coin is also fair and equal. If you reject God, He will reject you (Matthew 10:33) no matter if you are rich, poor, young, old, healthy, sick, black, white, a murderer, a liar, me, or you.
A word of caution: accepting God on your terms is rejecting Him. Jesus said that He is the only way to God. (John 14:6) That is true for all of us.
It rains on the just and the unjust. The sun shines on everyone everywhere, night falls, morning dawns, and we all have 24 hours a day to choose God or reject Him.
I think you know how I am praying for you today.