No, I’m not hanging up my blog right now. I’d like to talk about Jesus’ final thoughts shared with us by Mark concerning the Savior’s last week on Earth.
It must have been a busy week for Jesus. And I have to believe His parting words came from a heart fervently wanting His people to understand. These summed up His three years of ministry. So, what were some of the last lessons He taught?
- Bearing fruit is not an option for His children.
- Faith can move mountains of trouble when we pray from cleansed hearts.
- God’s kingdom is no longer Jewish.
- Christians ought to be good citizens of our governments, and of God’s Kingdom as well.
- Loving God is the most important decision we can make. Loving others flows from that love.
- Our world will get increasingly dangerous for believers. But Jesus will return to take us to be with Him.
And over it all is the reality that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God. And there is no power greater, no love purer, no grace sweeter than His.